EXCURSIONS IN BATTAGLIA TERME AND SURROUNDINGS
The historic centre in Battaglia Terme could be defined a really open-air museum, so we call it “Museo diffuso“.
The area along the Battaglia-Bisatto and the Vicenzone canals is an ancient river port. It was born in the Middle Age, and still now has terraced houses.
By taking a short walk you can reach the “Conca di Navigazione“, which is a water lift used for boats, and the “Arco di Mezzo“, which is a waterfall. In addiction, in the centre you can find bridges built in typical venetian style.
Many expert “gondolieres” cut through the drain with typical boats using a specific technique: the “voga alla veneta“.
Battaglia Terme is also known as “Paese dei Barcari” and it is a strategic point for the navigation between the Euganean Hills and the Venice Lagoon.
It is possible to book an individual or a group guided tour for the “Museo diffuso“, both by walk and by boat. If you want to try the guided tour by boat, you can experience the “concata“, which is the transfer by boat through the “Conca di Navigazione” overtaking a 7,40 mt difference in height.
For more info and booking contact us by phone: 049 525170 or by e-mail: email@example.com
In Battaglia Terme you can also visit the Catajo Castle (www.castellodelcatajo.it) or the wonderful Villa Selvatico (www.collieuganei.it/ville/villa-selvatico/).
If you like walking or riding a bike, Battaglia offers a particular tour called “Ferro di Cavallo“, important for its natural, historical and geographical aspects (www.collieuganei.it/sentieri/sentiero-ferro-di-cavallo/). The starting and finishing point is in front of the Museum of River Navigation. For more info contact the museum or www.escursionistibattaglia.it.
Many years ago the canal’s banks were tow paths for “cavallanti“, men who used horses to tow boats. The old tow paths are now used as a jogging route.
If you want relax, you can go to the INPS Park, a green lung and a rest area which once hosted the National Thermal Baths.
Battaglia Terme has a cultural heritage which includes cures with thermal mud and baths from pre-roman age. Nowadays “La Contea” is the thermal centre and it has an international reputation for its excellent cures (www.termelacontea.com).
OTHERS INTERESTING PLACES TO VISIT NEARBY BATTAGLIA TERME:
- Monselice and its fortress with the Castle, the Federician Fortified Tower and the Seven Churches;
- Due Carrare with the Abbey and the S. Pelagio Castle, now the Flight Museum (which has established a convention with our museum);
- Pernumia and its middleage S. Giustina Church;
- Butterfly-Arc in Montegrotto Terme (which has established a convention with our museum);
- Pontemanco and its River Village;
- Arquà Petrarca and Francesco Petrarca’s House, which is now a museum;
- All the Aristocratic Villas: Villa Emo in Rivella-Monselice, Lispida Castle in Monselice, Villa Draghi in Montegrotto Terme, Villa dei Vescovi in Luvigliano di Torreglia, Villa Molin and Villa Giusti in Mandria (Padua), the Gardens of Villa Barbarigo in Valsanzibio;
- Este with the Archeologic Museum, the Gardens inside the medieval walls of the castle and the historic centre with buildings in venetian style;
- Praglia and its Abbey;
- The Wine Street (Strada del Vino), a tour along the plain and the hills where special wines are produced, many of which were drunk also during the Serenissima Age.
FOR MORE INFOS: